Sunday, February 05, 2006

Top Ten Favorite Thai Food Dishes



I spent most of the day at the Book Fair at Queen Sirikit Convention Hall. The big fairs are usually during the school holidays in April and October. I used to comment that Thai people don’t like reading much (apart from cartoon books), but every year more and more people go to these book fairs. Today was packed and I could hardly move. I bought quite a few books that I will share with you later, but first I want to show you this book which is all about the Top 10 of Thai Food! Obviously one of my favourite subjects. As you can see, the book is in Thai. I think I already have the best of the cookery books in English. Most of them are quite limited and repeat themselves a lot. So, that is why today I was browsing through the cook books written by Thai people. A better selection for sure. I bought half a dozen cook books which will help me a lot identifying the ingredients of street food that I have already photographed. I could blog about Thai food every day, I am just lacking the information sometimes.


Anyway, according to this book, the following is the Top 10 list of Thai Food:

  1. Hot and sour soup with shrimp
  2. Green curry with chicken
  3. Fried Noodles
  4. Pork fried in basil
  5. Red curry with roast duck
  6. Coconut soup with chicken
  7. Thai style salad with beef
  8. Satay pork
  9. Fried chicken with cashew
  10. Panang curry


Tags: , , , ,


No comments: