Friday, September 01, 2006
Pa Thong Go - Thai Breakfast Food
These are Thai style doughnuts, they are slightly salty and eaten with hot sweet cocoa or chocolate for breakfast. Many Thai people eat them with Sweet Condense Milk and Thai Style Coffee.
120 gms Wheat Flour ( Cake Flour )
2 Teaspoons Yeast
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1/8 Teaspoon Baking Soda
110 ml Water Oil for Deep Frying
1. Mix the flour, salt, sugar, yeast, and baking soda together and leave for 5 minutes.
2. Add the water and knead it to a smooth dough. This takes about 15 minutes of kneading. If the dough is too soft, add a little more flour.
3. Leave it in a bowl, covered with a damp cloth of 1-2 hours to rise.
4. Roll the dough into a long sausage and flatten it into a flat strip about 5 cms wide.
5. Cut 'H' shapes from this strip of dough (you cut rectangular pieces off the strip and put two short cuts that don't quite meet in the middle, as shown below.
6. Heat the oil to 180 degrees celcius (medium hot) and fry the doughnuts until they are golden brown.
Tags: Thai, Food, Breakfast, Dough, Coffee